This homemade lip scrub is superb for dry, chapped and sensitive lips. It scrubs off the dead skin cells on your lips in the most gentle and delicate manner, leaving you with a soft and moisturised pink pout.
What makes this lip scrub even better is that the ingredients are easily accessible!
What you'll need:
1 tsp each of both coarse sugar and granulated sugar (To give texture)
½ tsp olive oil
½ tsp Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
A tiny drop of rose water
A drop of food coloring of choice, preferably something that complements the natural color of the lips (Can be substituted with makeup such as lipstick, eyeshadow, loose pigments... etc.)
Mix it all up and you're good to go!
Here are some really cool 'at home' remedies from Huda Kattan, Makeup Artist & Brand Ambassador for Vaseline Arabia, using Vaseline:1. When needing some extra volume to your lips, simply add a few drops of peppermint extract to a drop of Vaseline. Mix together with fingers and apply to your lips before getting ready. The peppermint extract will help plump your lips, while the Vaseline will add extra hydration! This is the perfect recipe for gorgeously voluptuous lips!
2. Want super soft hands or feet? Grab some old socks and cut off the toes and some old gloves and cut off the finger tips. Then, mix together 1 part almond oil and 3 parts Vaseline, then apply on your hands and feet. Apply socks and gloves and go the bed. When you wake up, simply rinse your feet and hands! Voila, extra soft skin you can feel proud of!
3. Break a blush or bright pink eye shadow? Simply crush the mixture and mix with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Place mixture into a re-sealable container and use as an extremely hydrating lip balm. Not only will you create a gorgeous flush to your lips, but your lips will so soft!
4. Wrinkles got you worried? Take it from the pros in Hollywood! After applying moisturizer on face, try applying a small amount of Vaseline in areas like around the eyes or neck. Using this over time can help improve skin elasticity and fight against wrinkles! This is one of Jennifer Aniston's favourite tips!
5. In need of longer lashes? Clean off an old mascara wand and create your own lash enhancer! Simply squeeze one vitamin E capsule and mix with a spoonful of Vaseline. Then place mixture in a container and brush on lashes before bed time. The Vaseline will provide hydration, to help your lashes grow long and keep them from breaking!
6. Create your own lip stain easily! Mash together some blackberries, and pomegranate seeds. Then drain the juice and mix with some Vaseline. Mix slowly so the mixture is even. Then apply on lips in the morning and as needed. The berries bring out a gorgeous redness to the lips that is very alluring and flattering! Lips will be hydrated and extremely beautiful in tone! Refrigerate after use, discard after 3 days.